Bibliophilia

Of the making of books there is no end.
Overmuch study maketh men mad.

If you're curious about my approach to "reviews," you might want to read this. If you're curious about me, I have a Website, and a blog about things Medieval and Celtic. I read a lot. I suppose you could say I am a professional reader; I have a Ph.D. in English from UCLA, with an emphasis on things Celtic, and literature before 1832. I serve as Webmaster and Managing Editor for The Green Man Review and volunteer as an Admin for Absolute Write.

My most recent books are about doing stuff with the iPad. Most of the books I review here are books I purchased, a family member purchased, or that I borrowed from a library. When a publisher or author provides a book or an e-arc or an ARC, I will state that in the review. I am not paid to review the books on this site. (I do occasionally serve as an outside reviewer for scholarly books being considered for publication by academic or scholarly presses).

I like ebooks. I like making ebooks. I like reading ebooks. I object, violently, to text dumps and poorly made ebooks, and will so note in reviews of books that have been badly produced by a publisher who thinks exporting a file from InDesign is all it takes. In general, I am not soliciting books for review. Please do not send me review books as attachments without conferring with me first, since your attachment will be automatically deleted by my server. I am no longer willing to review self-published books, unless you're an author I've previously reviewed, or you are publishing a backlist of previously commercially published books. You can contact me here.

If you purchase something after following an affiliate link on this site, I will receive a percentage of the price. This is my FTC disclosure, in case you wondered. In other words, I'm a mercenary hack.

Drama of the English Renaissance: Volume 1, The Tudor Period

Drama of the English Renaissance: Volume 1, the Tudor Period - Russell A. Fraser, Norman Rabkin Heywood The Four PP Mr. S [anonymous] Gammer Gurton's Needle Preston Cambyses Sackville & Norton Gorboduc Gascoigne Supposes Lyly Gallathea Peele David and Bethsabe Kyd The Spanish Tragedy Marlowe Tamburlaine the Great, Part I Marlowe Tamburlaine the Great, Part II Marlowe The Jew of Malta Marlowe Doctor Faustus Marlowe Edward II Greene Friar Bacon and Friar Bungay Lodge & Greene A Looking Glass for London and England Anonymous Arden of Feversham Nashe Summer's Last Will and Testament Anonymous Mucedorus Dekker The Shoemaker's Holiday Heywood A Woman Killed with Kindness

In Search of the Irish Dreamtime: Archaeology and Early Irish Literature